- 1 About
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Greatest Hits
- 4 Design
- 5 Main Alter Egos
- 6 Other Alter Egos/Outfits/Counterparts
- 7 Family
- 8 Romantic Relationships
- 9 Close Friends
- 10 Affiliations
- 11 Residence
- 12 Favorite Locations
- 13 Featured Episodes
- 14 Video Games
- 15 Behind the Scenes
- 16 Bonus Factoids
A relatively social student of South Park ‘who is both really smart and really funny’. Following most of the trends with the other girls, Heidi has shown to be active in social movements – at times she’s dismissive and judgmental but also sensitive and rash. Beginning through the influences of her ex-boyfriend, Heidi takes the encouragement and judgment of others to heart, making her do rather unexpected things.
Heidi will often take the social standings of herself and others into account when making decisions. When she learned an uninvited girl was welcomed by her mother to her slumber party, Heidi protested the idea of it and later joined the other girls to mock the new kid in order to make her leave, (She later apologized and tried to make amends). On the flip side, Heidi became a target of Skankhunt42's cruelty on the South Park Elementary school message board, and was the first of the girls to sit down during the National Anthem as a result. When her mother supported her decision, she was photo shopped with a penis in her mouth. Distraught, Heidi deleted her Twitter account, and was widely mourned at the school. When absent from Twitter, and thus the rest of the world, she developed a kinship with the similarly exiled Eric Cartman. From that point, she expressed no desire to be a part of the social media but rather to take on a leadership role with Cartman to help bring people together. As her time with Cartman moved forward, her reputation with her girlfriends sunk. She inadvertently became the target of ridicule due to her choices thus leading her to a downwards spiral of victim blaming and self loathing. Eventually she moved past her role of victim-hood by taking personal responsibility and leaving Eric Cartman for a more productive future.
Science and Commitment
Heidi has been regarded by Mr. Mackey as their best science student. Before her relationship with Cartman she would annually judge the Special Ed science fair despite it happening during off school hours.
- "Marjorine, why don't you just leave?! Nobody wants you here!" (Marjorine)
- "Here he comes." (Elementary School Musical)
- "I know how you feel, Eric. I know how hard it is when school gets out. With no phone, no human contact." (The Damned)
- "I don't even try to be funny." (Wieners Out)
- "What are you thinking about babe?(Oh, Jeez)
- "I trust you with everything I have." (Oh, Jeez)
- "Theresa, get over it. You live in a trailer park, it's not a big deal." (Moss Piglets)
- "Call me a bitch again." (Moss Piglets)
- "SNUGGLE!" (Moss Piglets)
After becoming Cartman's girlfriend, Heidi began developing her own catchphrases, and even borrowing some of his from time to time.
- "Hey babe."
- "Eric." (debuted in "The Damned")
- "I call it emoji analysis." (debuted in "Fort Collins")
- "Hey babe, what's up?" (debuted in White People Renovating Houses)
- "I learned that betrayal can actually make your friendships stronger, and it's all thanks to you!"
- "The hardest part is not having any followers. I used to go places just to show them where I was."
- "Girls do not have balls, no."
- "I'm starting to think that life isn't going to be so bad."
- "It's not about problem solving, Eric. It's about people getting together and feeling what they need to feel! People need help sorting out their emotions sometimes and the best thing isn't always quick answers, but just being there, supporting each other and talking through those feelings."
- "Everyone is Special" from Elementary School Musical with various 4th graders.
- "Let's Come Together as a School" from "Douche and a Danish", with Eric Cartman
Here's Heidi's biggest design changes throughout the show's run.
Main Alter Egos
Alter egos that have appeared numberous times in-show and/or other official media.
Other Alter Egos/Outfits/Counterparts
The Stick of Truth
During season 4, as Marcy, she was depicted with two generic background characters as parents - when her father, Steven Turner, took issue with her role in Cartman's Church, he was killed and sent to Hell, much to the horror of Marcy's then-mother. Throughout her background appearances, she continued to be depicted with different parents.
She also had a dog named Robby that died in "Helen Keller! The Musical" after being run over by a car.
In "Marjorine", recast as Heidi Turner, she was depicted with two new parents - a muscular blonde man and a woman with reddish hair. This set of parents has remained consistent on the show since their debut and made a number of background appearances, such as at town and school meetings. When Heidi became the target of trolling, her mother defended her from Skankhunt42... so the troll photoshopped a dick in Mrs. Turner's mouth.
Though most fans simply consider this a continuity error, some fans speculate that her mother remarried, and possibly changed her appearance.
When Cartman began to lead a Church in South Park at the end of the kids' third grade year, he attracted the attention of kids far and wide throughout the town including a girl named 'Marcy'. The church ended up to be a get-rich-quick scheme resulting in her father's death.
Heidi and Cartman were later partnered for the fourth grade egg project and despite a mutual dissatisfaction with the initial choices, the two took care of their egg. When Cartman damaged the egg, he asked Mrs. Garrison to give Heidi a better grade in hopes of averaging it for both of them, it's still altruistic by Cartman standards. On a side note, he received four days of detention from PC Principal for referring to Heidi as "clitty litter".
When the girls were harassed online by a troll named skankhunt42, Heidi was the first to openly accuse Cartman of being behind it despite his denial. The troll's continued abuse eventually drove Heidi to quit Twitter and would later form an unlikely friendship with Eric after he was cast out of social media by his friends. Apologizing for her earlier accusations, they began comfort each other over the isolation they found themselves in.
They took their relationship even further when Heidi settled Cartmans dilemma as to whether girls do have balls. The experience of seeing hers in the dark with a flashlight triggered a spiritual awakening for Cartman and they officially became a couple. The two of them constantly held hands hang out and referred to each other by pet names like "boo" or "babe". Despite the disgust and disbelief of their classmates Heidi and Eric would defend each other and work to create positive changes in the school.
Their relationship however started to show a lack of depth on Cartmans behalf. Despite how Eric showed to be genuinely happy and protective of being with Heidi, Cartman doesn't actually respect her, he just talks about respecting her. A common phrase he had used was to constantly say how Heidi's "really smart and funny" but after a foreboding chat with Butters along with seeing Heidi cleverly solving a real problem for the first time, Cartman becomes convinced that Heidi, (and all women), are not only not funny but conspiring against men.
Eventually things soon took a rocky turn as Cartman could not bother to be honest or even stand being around Heidi, convincing his friends she was mentally abusive. He would even go so far as to nearly kill her by pushing her in front of a car and by having a witch try to abduct her (because of her lack of time management skills). Heidi however remains with him in part due to his threats to kill himself if they ever break up but also as a reaction to the constant criticism she gets from her friends causing her to double down. Eventually she attempts to avoid this by adopting Cartman's views, further alienating herself from the people who care about her.
Despite trying to help Cartman for the better, Heidi ending up becoming more like her boyfriend herself, adopting his attitude and becoming fat and self loathing. She began to adopt his self-loathing and bad attitude, and at times exceeded it. By blaming everything else instead of her toxic relationship, she was left in a downwards spiral with only her boyfriend and the torment of others to sustain it. Only after an adventure with the boys in which she visited the places in which her romance with Cartman was born was she able to reflect on her relationship and how it transformed her for the worse, leading her to take personal responsibility by leaving Cartman and the victim-hood lifestyle behind for a more positive future.
Past Love Interests
Like most of the girls, she exhibited a notable attraction to Bridon Gueermo, whether he was singing or playing basketball, singing part of his debut song. ("Here he comes!")
When Kyle talked Heidi into breaking up with Cartman, she started going out with him before the sudden halt after Cartman passed down his Jew hatred to her.
As one of the popular girls in school, Heidi's rarely been shown to be specifically close to any individuals that aren't love interests.
However, when Heidi quit Twitter, Bebe was distraught, frequently crying. It is implied that they were very close friends.
Heidi has an extended group of friends that she hangs out with at school. She regularly catches up with them outside of school though, usually to practice cheerleading or have have sleepovers with.
She's also gal pals with her neighbours, Isla and Theresa. She'll often wait at the bus stop with them and Wendy.
In Marjorine, Millie and Esther were invited to her slumber party, implying a significant friendship.
Since her transformation and break-up with Eric, Heidi hasn't been shown with the girls as often. She's appeared in band practice with them, and even at the Bike Parade, but hasn't been seen socialising with the group since Splatty Tomato; not even at lunch. Due to this, her Gals, as well as her close friendship with Bebe, are considered historical.
Although significantly less extreme than the rivalry of her boyfriend Cartman and his nemesis Kyle, Heidi has a mixed friend/foe relationship with fellow girl Allie Nelson, whom she saw as a friend until her mother had an abortion, and Heidi then framed Allie to cover everything up. They made up later, it seems.
These characters usually interact with Heidi exclusively at school. She seems to be on good terms with all of them, but doesn't have any special relationships with any of them.
Heidi's relationships with these characters have never been quite clear, and her mutual feelings about them is usually up for debate amongst fans.
Heidi is a member of both the Pleases and Sparkles Club, Cows Cheerleaders team, and the Cows' Girls Volleyball, along with many of her friends such as Wendy Testaburger, Bebe Stevens, Red, Annie Knitts, and Nichole Daniels. She was the first member of the Volleyball Team to protest the National Anthem when she was trolled along with the other girls. Some of the other groups that she was in included her future boyfriend, Eric Cartman.
In her first appearance, she was a member of the Getting Gay With Kids choir, but this no longer seems to be the case.
Heidi's house was first seen in "Marjorine", where she was holding a slumber party in her basement with most of her close friends (see above). Her home appeared more frequently in Season 20. Her home life has not been portrayed otherwise, at least not yet.
After Heidi quit social media, she began to spend a lot of time at the local park, the only place where she could socialize freely after school. She soon invited Cartman to join her, often meeting him at the park bench. When he offered to follow her, they got lunch together at McDonald's.
Most of Heidi's appearances in South Park were as a background character with occasional speaking roles. She played a major role in Season 20 and ultimately became a regular character on the show.
- Rainforest Shmainforest (s03e01; debut cameo)
- Tweek vs. Craig (s03e05; cameo; debut with brown hair)
- Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? (s04e09)
- Probably (s04e10; first identified as Marcy)
- Helen Keller! The Musical (s04e14)
- Proper Condom Use (s05e07)
- Douche and Turd (s08e08)
- Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset (s08e12)
- Marjorine (s09e09; first identified as Heidi Turner)
- Follow That Egg! (s09e10)
- The List (s11e14)
- Elementary School Musical (s12e13; Sets up Bridon Gueermo's singing intro)
- The Hobbit (s17e10; Becomes self absorbed along with the other cheerleaders with body imaging)
- Member Berries (s20e01; Rallies with the girls to protest the schools troll)
- Skank Hunt (s20e02; Debuts with a hat and quits Twitter)
- The Damned (s20e03; Heidi bonds with Eric over their shared isolation from social media)
- Wieners Out (s20e04; Officially becomes a couple with Eric, holds hands and develop couple names)
- Douche and a Danish (s20e05; Heidi and Eric take on a new venture bringing the school together)
- Fort Collins (s20e06; Heidi helps the danish with the Trolltrace program)
- Oh, Jeez (s20e07; Eric convinces Heidi to flee with him in order to hide his internet history)
- Members Only (s20e08; Heidi and Eric try to get to Mars but encounter Butters along their journey)
- Not Funny (s20e09; Heidi helps solve the energy crisis as her boyfriend has doubts about her)
- The End of Serialization as We Know It (s20e10; Heidi and Eric's plans are sabotaged and are forced to return)
- White People Renovating Houses (s21e01; Heidi's relationship with Cartman becomes mentally abusive)
- Put It Down (s21e02; Her concerns for Eric's risk of suicide leads them to spread awareness and support... for Cartman)
- Franchise Prequel (s21e04; Briefly checks in on her boyfriend)
- Sons A Witches (s21e06; Nearly gets killed by her boyfriend due to her lack of time management)
- Doubling Down (s21e07; Goes through the motions of her degrading relationship with Eric)
- Moss Piglets (s21e08; Fully adopts Cartman's behavior and react havoc on the school.)
- SUPER HARD PCness (s21e09; Repeatedly compares Kyle's attitude to his mother)
- Splatty Tomato (s21e10; reflects on her past and breaks up with Cartman)
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02)
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Hooked on Monkey Phonics (s03e13)
- Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (s03e15)
- Cartman’s Silly Hate Crime 2000 (s04e01)
- Scott Tenorman Must Die (s05e04)
- Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society (s06e10)
- It's Christmas in Canada (s07e15)
- AWESOM-O (s08e02)
- Erection Day (s09e07)
- Bloody Mary (s09e14)
- Cartoon Wars Part I (s10e03)
- Le Petit Tourette (s11e08)
- Eek, A Penis! (s12e05)
- Super Fun Time (s12e07)
- Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09)
- The Ring (s13e01)
- Eat, Pray, Queef (s13e04)
- Insheeption (s14e10)
- Funnybot (s15e02)
- T.M.I. (s15e04)
- Bass to Mouth (s15e10)
- Reverse Cowgirl (s16e01)
- Cash For Gold (s16e02)
- Faith Hilling (s16e03)
- Jewpacabra (s16e04)
- Butterballs (s16e05)
- Cartman Finds Love (s16e07)
- Raising the Bar (s16e09)
- A Scause For Applause (s16e13)
- Let Go, Let Gov (s17e01)
- World War Zimmerman (s17e03)
- Taming Strange (s17e05)
- Ginger Cow (s17e06)
- Gluten Free Ebola (s18e02)
- Stunning and Brave (s19e01)
- The City Part of Town (s19e03)
During the "Recruit the Girls" quest, the player encounters Heidi at the girls' secret base for the Pleases and Sparkles Club, where they are assigned to discover who the secret "two-faced bitch" in the club who framed Allie Nelson is and must go on a convoluted journey to uncover the truth... the "two-faced bitch" is eventually revealed to be Heidi, as the translated abortion records reveal that her mother had been to the abortion clinic.
However, the girls soon forgive her since she's really sorry, and she adds Douchebag on Facebook.
Heidi is set to appear in Phone Destroyer, appearing early on alongside Sheriff Cartman as "Calamity Heidi", and her card even depicts her protecting her boyfriend from harm.
Behind the Scenes
Heidi is the only regular character voiced by Jessica Makinson, who joined the show in season 7. In earlier appearances, it is assumed Heidi was voiced by voice actress Eliza J. Schneider, known portraying the lab assistant of the title character of the children's scientific educational television series, Beakman's World, during that show's second and third seasons.
Heidi made her debut as one of many incidental members of the Getting Gay With Kids choir, that traveled around the world with Miss Stevens. Many of the choir members soon began appearing as background children, including Heidi, Bradley Biggle, Millie Larsen and Powder Turner, with no previous reference to the choir. Heidi's familiar mousy brown look with her red-and-green jacket debuted shortly later in "Tweek vs. Craig".
Heidi was a minor background character for much of the show's history, excluding two key roles in Season Nine, until the development of "South Park: The Stick of Truth", where she became a critical character in the game's storyline, and was re-established in "The Hobbit" as a member of the Cows Cheerleaders and prominent girl. She played an important off-screen role in "Stunning and Brave", getting Cartman into trouble with PC Principal.
She played a critical role in Season Twentys' storyline (as documented above) gaining a hat that has symbolized her graduation from minor to major character, and has begun to appear visibly in merchandise and the upcoming mobile game.
- Like Butters and Jimmy, Heidi is one of the few students to refer to Cartman by his first name 'Eric', beginning with "The Damned".
- Both she and Karen McCormick, Kenny's sister, used a similar character model for years; it wasn't until season 19 that Karen began to wear hairclips, and one season later, Heidi got her new hat.
- Similar to Craig, Tweek, and Kenny, Heidi Turner's hair color is not the same as either of her current parents'.
- Heidi's characterization in Season 20 has been likened by many fans to Wendy Testaburger, as both girls are intelligent and have a sense of humor, while also wearing hats and dating characters played by Trey Parker.