A Song of Ass and Fire
A Song Of Ass and Fire
|Written By||Trey Parker|
|Original Air Date||2013-11-20|
- 1 Story
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Featured Characters
- 4 Featured Celebrities
- 5 Locations
- 6 Behind The Scenes
- 7 Pop Culture References
- 8 Bonus Factoids
- 9 Season 17
Hordes of soulless shoppers approach the mall in anticipation of the Black Friday sales. The kids prepare for an epic battle where one faction's favorite gaming device will come out on top. Will Stan and Kyle's friendship survive Black Friday?
- "No, I'm not king of wizards. I'm a king that happens to be a wizard." (Eric Cartman)
- "Guys, these are CONSOLE wars, not some epic battle for a kingdom. I mean come on.” (Steve)
- "They keep PROMISING dragons, but all I get are more floppy wieners in my face!" (Butters Stotch)
- "How come every time you talk to somebody, it's about betraying somebody else?!” (Old Man)
- "Clean that shit up." (Bill Gates)
- "No, NO -- can we skip the wiener stuff and just get to the dragons!" (Butters Stotch)
- “Let's face it Sir Kyle. This is all about you and me getting Xboxes. The rest are simply there to help us get through those doors.” (Eric Cartman)
- "I would rather game with Craig than spend one MINUTE having to set up an Xbox live account." (Stan Marsh)
- "So what does he do? He takes out his wiener— And he dangles it around for all his men to see! Drdrd rddrd ddrd ddrdrrr!" (George R. R. Martin)
- "The genius idea was purposed by George RR Martin- Who also suggested 'FUCK IT, LET'S PUSH THANKSGIVING UNTIL DECEMBER 3rd." (Reporter)
- "I guarantee you, Kenny had something to do with Sony offering a Brack Friday Bunduru." (Eric Cartman)
- "Happy was a good man... Too good to have died in such a brutal, but festive manner." (Randy Marsh)
- " Who's George argarg Martin?" (Butters Stotch)
- "Oh they're coming. The dragons are on their way." (George R. R. Martin)
- Wiener, Wiener-Wiener. Wiener, Wiener-Wiener… (Men’s Chorus One)
- "Wow… Kenny's a Japanese Princess." (Craig Tucker)
- "How come every time you talk to somebody, it's about betraying somebody else?!" (Old Man)
- “HE'S HASN'T EVEN ORDERED THE PIZZAS YET!" (Scott Malkinson)
- "Now who's walking WHO through the betrayal garden?"
Behind The Scenes
- There were 24 drafts total written for this episode, each with a scene or two. The verbal standoff between Wizard Cartman and Princess Kenny’s armies (in Kenny’s backyard) was the last scene written.
- Full lyrics to Princess Kenny’s song are: "Ima Kaiobi desu. Princess Kenny Korosu. Naze matta? Naze Osoi? Kenny Chan kawai- Princessssuuuuuu"
- This sword fight required special battle poses for Butters…
- Getting Cartman's fat ass through the door on his Royal Carriage required a special pose.
Production Art: Princess Kenny’s Power Poses
This art was used while designing Princess Kenny’s “power poses”. As you can see from the notes here, it was later animated over the anime backgrounds during Princess Kenny’s theme song.
Production Art: “Casa Bonita”
Check out this behind-the-scenes art for Cartman and Kenny's Casa Bonita pic. The restaurant debuted in Season 7s “Casa Bonita.”
Production Art: Tracking Shot
Animators use cues within the storyboard for camera movement, like this tracking shot:
Check out the storyboard from this infamous “Wiener Wiener Wiener” chorus scene...
Check out the full lyrics here and sing along with the wiener party…
- Yep, that was Trey doing all the “a cappella” parts for the Men's Wiener Choir.
Pop Culture References
- When asked about his character in South Park, "Game Of Thrones" creator George R. R. Martin said: "I’ve been told [my] character in South Park is obsessed with weenies. I have to deny this as a scurrilous rumor. I have nothing against weenies, weenies are fine. But I am not obsessed with weenies. I am definitely on the boobies side of the equation. Boobies, not weenies."
- This episode (as well as the other two "Black Friday" Trilogy episodes: Black Friday and Titties and Dragons) are based on the popular HBO series "Game of Thrones".
- The title "A Song of Ass and Fire" is a parody of "A Song of Ice and Fire"- the original name of the book series “Game Of Thrones” is based on.
- Bill Gates has appeared twice in “South Park”: First, in the South Park movie (where he's shot), and later in Season 5's "The Entity".
- There's been 4 total three-part episodes in South Park history: Imaginationland, Coon & Friends, Season 3’s Meteor Shower trilogy, and Black Friday.
- The intro to this episode is the first time ever that we haven't used some variation of South Park's theme song.
- Games that Kenny is flipping through on the PS4: Bird Patrol, MOTORACER, Home Front, and Vomit Cops.
- There is an Orgazmo poster on the door in Cartman's room. It's been there since Season 2.
- After 17 years, we finally learn the full names of the Reporter (Niles Lawton) and the News Anchors (Tom and Tammy Thompson).
- These holiday shoppers parody White Walkers from “Game of Thrones”. Did you catch the dead Miss Stephenson in the crowd?
- In addition to “Game of Thrones” style decorations, there's also lots of wiener art in the background.
- Randy Marsh joining Mall Security is clearly a parody of Jon Snow joining the Night's Watch in HBO's "Game of Thrones".