Informative Murder Porn
Informative Murder Porn
|Written By||Trey Parker|
|Original Air Date||2013-10-02|
- 1 Story
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Characters
- 4 Character Debuts
- 5 Locations
- 6 Behind The Scenes
- 7 Pop Culture References
- 8 Bonus Factoids
- 9 Season 17
The boys use the game of "Minecraft" as a distraction to keep their parents from hurting each other.
- "Boooo, Wendy Testaburger. Boo." Eric Cartman
- "We'll just need to find a window of time you can be home - how about between the hours of 6am and 3pm all of November?" (Cable Company Worker)
- "I'm sorry sir, if you need it now perhaps you should switch to another cable company. Ohhh there's not another cable company is there?" (Cable Company Worker)
- "You're a lousy kid! I wish Jaden Smith was my son!" Randy Marsh
- "HOW DO YOU GET WOOD?" (Corey Lanksin)
- "I play the banjo too." (Cop)
- "Our parents are still watching Murder Porn AND now they're screwing up Minecraft too!" Eric Cartman
- "OH NICE ONE, Stotch! Your castle fucking sucks!" Randy Marsh
- "Real sick shit. Your parents watch that stuff?" (Corey Lanksin)
- "Is there a problem here?" (Cable Company Worker)
- "GOD DAMMIT I JUST DON'T WANT MY PARENTS TO MURDER EACH OTHER!!!" Stan Marsh
- "I wish I could live with Jaden Smith so I could be rich and I wouldn't have to live in a boring sexless marriage where all your mom and I do is piss each other off!" Randy Marsh
- "Because at your local cable company, the customer is ALWAYS - our bitch." (Cable Company President)
- "Oh come on! You can't block your parents from watching informative murder porn" Randy
Corey Lanksin -- the lollypop-loving, Minecraft-for-hire kid who secretly teaches the parents of South Park the game of Minecraft.
Behind The Scenes
- Where did the idea come from? Trey told us he watched these shows on the ID network, and they cast hot actors to play the people who were killers and victims...then added steamy sex scenes. So it was just like watching porn.
- In the promo clip used to promote this episode, Corey said "Whoever told ya I teach Minecraft to adults was pulling your wiener". That was cut. Episodes change all the time during the 6-day production process...
- Southern Fried Homicide, Cold Case Files, On The Case With Paual Zahn...a lot of fans thought these shows were made up, but they're not. They're totally real.
Behind the Scenes w/ Minecraft
Using Minecraft in the show: We contacted Minecraft in Sweden. They couldn’t have been nicer. They said they had been big fans of South Park for a long time, and when we asked if we could use Minecraft in the show, they said “Hell YES!”
The scenes with Cartman booing Wendy are actually parodying of a real event involving Toledo Mayoral Candidate, Ben Konop.
During production, the editor takes storyboards and aligns them with newly recorded audio. Here's a sequence of three "boards".
Character Art: Pissed-Off Randy
Check out this pose of pissed-off Randy. Our art department created this while designing character poses for the breakfast scene with Stan (at the end of the episode). I wish I could live with Jaden Smith!
Character Art: Randy in Bed
This specialty pose of Randy (used for when he called customer service in bed) required totally new storyboards and Corels. In our opinion, it was totally worth it...
Script Excerpt: "Learning Minecraft"
Check out this script excerpt of the "how do you get wood?" scene, right from the show's official archives...
The scene mimicking the world of Minecraft was created using the same 3D animation program we've used for every episode since Season 6.
Pop Culture References
- This episode features Minecraft, a indie game made by Mojang.
- Real shows that helped inspire this episode: Southern Fried Homicide, Snapped, Beauty Queen Murders, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Blood Lies and Alibis on the ID NETWORK and OXYGEN.
- Peter Mullin also appeared in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" -- where he's called Leeroy & shares his "dumb little frog" with the class.
- Randy and Sharon's relationship has been on the rocks before. They got separated in "Clubhouses" and divorced in "You're Getting Old".
- Kenny also bought a pack of "Big Mambas" before his big date with Tammy Warner in "The Ring".
- Some of the parent's seen learning Minecraft in this episode: Randy, Sharon, Clyde's Dad and both Craig's Dad and his Mom.
That's Kenny's tombstone in the opening credits. It reads: "Sleep well, little child. The Lord holds thee now."
Peter Mullin Cameo
Peter Mullin also appeared in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" -- where he's called Leeroy and shares his "dumb little frog" with the class.
Randy and Sharon: Murder Porn
We've previously seen Randy and Sharon trying to get it on after they rented the Hottest Porno Ever in Season 6's "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers". They also rekindled the ol-fashioned flame in "Creme Fraiche".