A favorite toy and close friend of Eric Cartman since he was two years old, Artemis Clyde Frog was many things - a frog. A cowboy. An aide. A tea aficionado. A fighter. A visionary. Perhaps most of all, Cartman considered Clyde Frog his best friend - someone who thought he was awesome and kewl (most of the time) and who always went along with what he wanted to do. He regretfully passed away during the South Park 99% Rally, nailed to a tree by his comrade and former friend Polly Prissy Pants. Five dollars in the name of each funeral attendee was donated to the Clyde Frog Foundation to prevent future stuffed animal-related tragedies.
You are a selfless companion and an adviser to your friends. You don't have much direction yourself; you're content to just sit there and go with the flow. Despite this, people with Clyde Frog DNA still manage to be defiant from time to time, talking smack about those who love them.
"why are you so cool?"
- "I think your a big fat piece of crap." Cartmans Mom Is a Dirty Slut
- Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut (s01e13; debut)
- Cat Orgy (s03e07)
- Cartman Joins NAMBLA (s04e06)
- The Wacky Molestation Adventure (s04e16)
- The Jeffersons (s08e07; cameo)
- Die Hippie, Die (s09e02)
- Tonsil Trouble (s12e01)
- Dances With Smurfs (s13e13)
- 201 (s14e06; deleted scene)
- The Last of the Meeheecans (s15e09; cameo)
- 1% (s15e12; death)
He appears as the silver medal trophy in the game.
Behind the Scenes
- He's based upon a character from a seventies children's educational program called The Clyde Frog Show.
- Trey's daughter Betty has her a Clyde Frog of her very own!
- He shares his name with Clyde Donovan, who has also expressed a fondness and sympathy for Cartman in some episodes.