Fan Question: I’m sure you get this question a lot, but has Kenny ever been shown NOT WEARING that damn orange parka? I want to see his face! Are there any episodes where he’s hoodless???
Answer: This is definitely one of the most frequently asked questions we get from fans. And the answer is — YES, kinda.
There’s actually quite a few episodes where Kenny has his hood off and his face out… and it’s glorious. But usually, his face is slightly obstructed, or his hair is covered, or you only see him from behind, etc. As of now, there’s no episodes that show him totally, completely, face-and-hair-fully-out and voice unmuffled. (For that treat, you need to check out the South Park Movie: “Bigger, Longer, and Uncut”).
But here’s a pretty comprehensive list of the episodes where he’s been “hoodless”, or at least partially unhooded. Click the links for each one, and then keep your eye out for Kenny’s signature blond mop of hair:
• “Tooth Fairy Tats” (While trying to remove his tooth, Kenny is pulled out of his hood by Timmy & shown naked from behind)
• “Super Best Friends” (Dead Kenny is shown in the reflecting pool, hoodless with a shaved head)
• “Lil’ Crime Stoppers” (The boys all strip down and hit the showers. Kenny is shown from behind.)
• “The Losing Edge” (Seen wearing a baseball cap at the table)
• *”The Jeffersons“* (The boys exchange Kenny for Mr. Jefferson’s son, Blanket. Unfortunately, he is killed shortly after by Mr. Jefferson. **Killer Kenny fact: before he is killed, he speaks his one and only clear, unmuffled [non-Mysterion] speaking line to date.)
• “Lice Capades” (After being charged with bringing “head cooties” into the school, Kenny is stripped down by the kids and given a “sock bath”)
• “The Coon” (Mysterion reveals his face to the crowd at the end of the episode. Although Mysterion’s identity was unknown when this episode aired, we later learned Mysterion was, in fact, Kenny).
• “Margaritaville” (With a cloth tied around his face)
• “You’re Getting Old” (Seen briefly sitting at the table for Stan’s birthday)
• “Broadway Bro Down” (In a bathing suit, all the way on the right, in the line of kids waiting for the diving board)
• “Sarcastaball” (Probably the best shot of Kenny hoodless to date! Look for him suited up in the locker room…)