Missed our Live Tweet this week? We got your big balls covered.
Here’s a peek at some kick ass behind-the-scenes pics, details and factoids about the making “Medicinal Fried Chicken”…
– Where’d the idea come from? In parts of South Central LA, it’s become illegal to open up fast food restaurants.
– Matt & Trey thought it was trippy that something can get more legal (weed) while other things become more illegal (fast food).
– Matt drove by an old KFC that had converted into a marijuana shop out in California.
– In 2011, fans voted #MedicinalFriedChicken to be one of their Top 15 favorite #SouthPark episodes of all time.
– Animators needed to create special art to achieve this “head exploding” effect for Cartman…
– This was the first scene that was written for this episode. There were 25 drafts total.
– Trey acted out this Randy pose using an exercise ball. Our artists then used this for reference while animating. #BehindTheScenes #SouthPark
– A “Hoppity Hop” is a big rubber ball used for playing & hopping — first introduced in the US in the late 60s. =
– The music playing while the guys are hopping on their balls pays homage to the music used in the ’72 commercial for board game ‘Bing Bang Boing’.
– According to Matt and Trey, this is a pretty classic #Randy episode: “Randy wheeling his balls around in a wheelbarrow…that’s pretty Randy”.
– The naked women cutting chicken pays homage to a similar scene in the movie “New Jack City”.
– Check out these big-balled protest signs created by our art department…
– Sharon got special art and unique poses for her new Scroat Coat…
>> For the full experience, never miss a Live Tweet again and follow us @SouthPark.