S24E02: "South ParQ Vaccination Special" discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S24E02: "South ParQ Vaccination Special" discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 am

The citizens of South ParQ are clamoring for the COVID-19 vaccine. A hilarious new militant group tries to stop the boys from getting their teacher vaccinated.

https://youtu.be/BPpp7R1aFNo
https://youtu.be/0CtDvYhi3P4

The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mikeydoes

Re: S24E02: "South ParQ Vaccination Special" discussion

Postby Mikeydoes » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:04 am

Hey guys,

Lifetime fan.

Have to say, this and the last episode were a tremendous let down. This last episode was easily the worst ever made and almost didn't even feel like it should be called South Park. I got my mom to watch the pandemic special and boy did I felt stupid doing that. Luckily I made sure not to tell her to watch this, because it was so not good.. Not South Park.

I feel like I just watched 2021 SNL today.. And you all used to be like SNL in the 80s-90s.

Nothing about this was original. Nothing about this was punk rock.

I seriously could have just waited for Trevor Noah if I wanted to torture myself with the subject matter you had.

I get Trump sucks and is an idiot. But you all literally are giving a free pass to the establishment plus woke people and making them feel good about themselves when they are the worst thing going and have been.

I seriously am not excited at all to see what you do next. If I don't have liberal tears in the next episode I will know you all are sell outs. No one points out how terrible China is and then completely ignores them when they are at their worst.. Not the guys from South Park. Guess I was wrong. You all must be afraid to be cancelled?

---

At the very least where the f*ck is creepy, dementia, Joe Biden? Or that Psycho Kamala with a crazy smile on her face? You all are simply ignoring that?

This episode was bad, especially when you had fresh, new material out there to jump on. But what did you all do? Got lazy and did the one thing you said you wouldn't, get lazy and do Trump jokes.
South Park fan since it's inception.
shadmaster

Postby shadmaster » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:40 pm

when's post show discussion coming out? really looking forward to talk about this outstanding episode with people on here!
Mikeydoes

Postby Mikeydoes » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:26 pm

What? How did you like this?

Was it the penis joke we've seen 100 times?

Same plot as the scientology episode.

I only can see people that couldn't wait for Qanon to get their to like it.. Even then it was done so shittily.

This is coming from someone who has liked every single South Park Episode.

This is the worst and Trey should be ashamed of himself for having all this time to do it and coming up with this crap.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:21 pm

shadmaster wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:40 pm
when's post show discussion coming out? really looking forward to talk about this outstanding episode with people on here!
Given how long episodes will take in coming out, I'm going to remove the "pre/post show" part of the thread titles until further notice.

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:27 pm

Mikeydoes wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:04 am
Hey guys,

Lifetime fan.

Have to say, this and the last episode were a tremendous let down. This last episode was easily the worst ever made and almost didn't even feel like it should be called South Park. I got my mom to watch the pandemic special and boy did I felt stupid doing that. Luckily I made sure not to tell her to watch this, because it was so not good.. Not South Park.

I feel like I just watched 2021 SNL today.. And you all used to be like SNL in the 80s-90s.

Nothing about this was original. Nothing about this was punk rock.

I seriously could have just waited for Trevor Noah if I wanted to torture myself with the subject matter you had.

I get Trump sucks and is an idiot. But you all literally are giving a free pass to the establishment plus woke people and making them feel good about themselves when they are the worst thing going and have been.

I seriously am not excited at all to see what you do next. If I don't have liberal tears in the next episode I will know you all are sell outs. No one points out how terrible China is and then completely ignores them when they are at their worst.. Not the guys from South Park. Guess I was wrong. You all must be afraid to be cancelled?

---

At the very least where the f*ck is creepy, dementia, Joe Biden? Or that Psycho Kamala with a crazy smile on her face? You all are simply ignoring that?

This episode was bad, especially when you had fresh, new material out there to jump on. But what did you all do? Got lazy and did the one thing you said you wouldn't, get lazy and do Trump jokes.
Biden and his administration will come under fire when Fall comes. We knew who Trump was long before he ran for President. Biden has been part of the woodwork until now.

Mikeydoes

Postby Mikeydoes » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:58 pm

I really hope so. I have never been so disappointed by the abundance of material out there that they simply ignored and went on about Trump- I am so sick of hearing about Trump and it was the left wingers that made him into the devil and wouldn't shut up about him.

I did not just come on here to complain for any reason other than they have got to know that they look like they've sold out to a lot of their faithful, and they need to know how bad this episode was.

I literally was informed by South Park about China, cancel culture, and all the bull sh*t that is unbearable and out of control.. When it is at it's worst at this very moment they literally shut their mouths, and have just let it run rampant. It almost seems like they are scared. Were they censored? We simply don't know. I am just hoping it was an awful episode.

These honestly were the biggest let downs of my life - because I have South Park and Trey on such a pedestal growing up. I had such high expectations that they would torch the bull sh*t left wing stuff going on, but nope. They went after Trump supporters that no one wants to f*cking hear about and want to forget about.

If they put out another episode tomorrow I would not watch it. I am going to need time to MAYBE think about watching the next episode. If Biden and the liberals aren't torched and South Park isn't in the middle of controversy by then, I will completely forget about them. They can have the woke crowd they seem to be targeting.

---

I want to know what they think was actually punk rock about this episode. That is my real question.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:35 pm

I know this board is mostly abandoned now but it’s only right I leave my thoughts.

I didn’t catch it until I listened with headphones, but by listening I can seriously tell everything on the voice side of things was recorded remotely like the last special. I didn’t notice it much watching on TV. If you consider the manner in how these specials are made, they seriously did a good job with this.

Like the last one, and the pandemic itself, it keeps me wondering what is next and when.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Okay, let me take a deep breath now... one... Q... three......

Those leftist un-American assholes! First they steal Trumpty Dumpty's landslide victory, then they defund his beautiful border wall, so he can never have another great fall from it. And what's the next thing they do? They just come and break the fourth wall for the fifth or sixth time already. It looks like whenever they see a beautiful, carefully erected wall they feel the urge to destroy it ASAP. Damn you, wall-breaking election-stealing commie bastards!

I did, of course, suspect M&T were part of this evil satanic cabal, but to just blatantly admit it, I'd say they've got some serious balls down there. Some balls like those of Mr. White the Giant Dick on a Sled balls all covered in pretty flower pubes. They thought it would be a funny joke to place their Baseketball photo between the photos of Tom Hanks and Ellen Degeneres. No wonder they refuse to criticize Sleepy Joe and Creepy Kamala. They clearly expect Joe and Kamala to cover their asses when the Storm comes. Instead they decide to make Mr. Service run around bare-assed in his thong as a running gag. Or is it a jockstrap he was sporting? Whatever. When the Storm comes, Joe and Kamala won't be able to cover their own corrupt liberal asses, let alone M&T's.

That's why they choose to rip on god-fearing, Trump-loving patriotic conservatives, whom they see as the butt of their lame unfunny jokes. No need to make any effort, no need to put your back into it, just take a bunch of random QAnonsense, wrap it up in some raging COVIDiocy, then let unsuspecting viewers swallow it along with the rest of your bullshit liberal agenda.

Garrison returns from his little sabbatical after 4 years of identifying himself as "President of the United States," then he comes back to his class as if nothing happened despite the fact that the kids must have been in preschool back when he left the town. Sounds weird? Well, it's not the first time the Hollywood elites pull something like that and get away with it. We're not supposed to ask Questions. Oddly enough they don't serve vaccines on trays like a damn restaurant, because most vaccines require extremely low temperatures to prevent them from turning into a mix of Jeff Bezos' boogers and Bill Gates' cum. But the evil Hollywood elites, they honestly don't give a fuck. Oh, and Israel doesn't produce its own vaccines. It buys them from the US. But what the Rotschilds, George Soros and Matt Stone are trying to tell us? They're trying to convince people it's the other way around. Why? Because they want people to forget about the Jewish space laser causing deadly wildfires. Guess what, guys. When the Very Stable Genius is in the Oval Office again, you are gonna have a lot of explaining to do!

It gets even crazier than that. Why would the creators of the show make a deal with Garrison? What can their own character offer in return for their services? I'm only asking legitimate Questions. Also, why the hell do they care so much about poor Kenny all of a sudden, unless they need him as a source of quality covfefe, I mean, adrenochrome. C'mon, guys, you're not fooling anyone anymore.

This is so ridiculous and wrong on so many levels that it just might work. Or not. It depends on whether you can decipher the coded message of the episode. He who has eyes to see, let him see through the charade. It's really not that hard to do. The Joozians are partying like crazy, Kenny's dad is making out with Kanye, even Cthulhu is shaking his otherworldly ass in the backgroud. The true meaning of the whole scene is that the triumphant forces of evil are openly celebrating their so-called victory over the deplorables, which is their name for the humble conservative Trump supporters. They literally are gloating their asses off.

But wait! Don't be too quick to admit the defeat. Because where there is Q, there is hope. And Q is everywhere! I'm pretty sure some good MAGA-minded QAnon people have infiltrated the South ParQ Studios. Did you notice Ms. Nelson's date of birth? It's June 18, 1985. Guess what else happened on June 18, only in 1812. The US formally declared war on Britain, the Second War of Independence. No way this can be a simple coincidence. That's right, Q is hinting at a Third War of Independence, a war against the corrupt deep state and the child-murdering Hollywood elites. Boom, baby!
Mikeydoes wrote:
This last episode was easily the worst ever made and almost didn't even feel like it should be called South Park.
Which is probably why they called it South ParQ. The Devil is in the details, as well as in everything that comes out of the godless, blasphemous Hollywood.
Mikeydoes wrote:
If I don't have liberal tears in the next episode I will know you all are sell outs.
Sweet, delicious MAGA tears. So yummy, so much better than adrenochrome. Where they cry one, they cry all. If only the evil Hollywood elites could quit their stupid shenanigans and switch over to drinking MAGA tears. Seriously. There will always be enough to go around no matter what.
Mikeydoes

Postby Mikeydoes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:17 am

I don't like Trump and don't even know what the f*ck you are talking about. you're pretty damn stupid, and whatever that was you posted was just weird. I hate the establishment more than Trump. I don't even hate Trump, he's just an idiot.

That was a pretty stupid assumption. Qanon people are idiots. I don't even know what the f*ck you are talking about and honestly don't even care to look into it. Those Qanon don't affect my daily life.

Leftism is running rampant and everything is getting cancelled. China is dictating and taking over and what did South park do all year? Sit on their hands and do Trump jokes, which they said they wouldn't do.

Idiot leftists are running rampant all over reddit and social media, taking over anything and they are unavoidable and so dense.
---
Trey wants to be punk Rock.

Please tell me what was punk rock about making fun of Qanon and Trump. That sh*t is done every f*cking day on SNL and Daily Show. I don't care about Trump and am not obsessed with him like you are.

Next time, you open your fat stupid mouth don't assume. You look like an idiot.

Punk rock is going against the grain, which is going against the woke movement.
shadmaster

Postby shadmaster » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Mikeydoes wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:17 am
I don't like Trump and don't even know what the f*ck you are talking about. you're pretty damn stupid, and whatever that was you posted was just weird. I hate the establishment more than Trump. I don't even hate Trump, he's just an idiot.

That was a pretty stupid assumption. Qanon people are idiots. I don't even know what the f*ck you are talking about and honestly don't even care to look into it. Those Qanon don't affect my daily life.

Leftism is running rampant and everything is getting cancelled. China is dictating and taking over and what did South park do all year? Sit on their hands and do Trump jokes, which they said they wouldn't do.

Idiot leftists are running rampant all over reddit and social media, taking over anything and they are unavoidable and so dense.
---
Trey wants to be punk Rock.

Please tell me what was punk rock about making fun of Qanon and Trump. That sh*t is done every f*cking day on SNL and Daily Show. I don't care about Trump and am not obsessed with him like you are.

Next time, you open your fat stupid mouth don't assume. You look like an idiot.

Punk rock is going against the grain, which is going against the woke movement.

Saying this does make you sound like a pissed off Trumpie, to be completely honest.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:36 am

I'll leave aside political discussions, because I don't think they are relevant to the quality of the episode. I will just say that the creators of South Park are most definitely not in an obligation to satisfy political expectations. They can criticize every and any political party, or no political party, or only one political party. What matters is that what they create is clever and funny, or at least engaging (for a couple of years now, South Park has been less of a comedy show than it used to be).

With that said, I can't say I particularly enjoyed this episode. It feels like Matt and Trey are kind of growing tired of their own creation, but can't completely move on. I see that in the fact that the four protagonist may go separate ways.

I'm not one for recycling old ideas, I think it's lame that they brought back Mr. Hat. He had a role when Garrison couldn't deal with his homosexuality, but now?

Overall, I didn't find the episode particularly engaging. It had its moments, but I feel it wasn't enough.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:10 pm

And that's it for season 24. One of the last lines in this special was Randy saying "Try 'em both! The season's about over, guys!" Maybe we'll be back to normal in September for Season 25, which just reminds me that next year will be the show's final year, and considering a few comments in this thread, it's time.

Kenny has always been poor, but this episode has the broship treating him like a charity case. What's up with that?

mario88

Postby mario88 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 pm

it would be awesome if south park ended with a great last season. and anyway, the way i see it, it would be best if matt and trey quit after season 25, unless they find new motivations and ideas.

that said, even in the latter seasons there are only a couple of bad episodes, and just a few mediocre ones, among some very good or great ones, even when there was nearly no comedy.

for instance, the "arc" of heidi turner being in a relationship with cartman makes for some of the best episodes ever of the series, because it brilliantly explores what happens in the mind of people in an abusive relationship: the isolation, the emotional blackmail, the doubling down, etc.

i have always considered south park and the simpsons the best tv shows ever, with south park having aged far better than the other one. it's been a hell of a ride.
He is the record!
DreamTheater9

Postby DreamTheater9 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:10 pm
And that's it for season 24. One of the last lines in this special was Randy saying "Try 'em both! The season's about over, guys!" Maybe we'll be back to normal in September for Season 25, which just reminds me that next year will be the show's final year, and considering a few comments in this thread, it's time.

Kenny has always been poor, but this episode has the broship treating him like a charity case. What's up with that?
No renewal? Sigh, oh well. Nothing lasts forever, not even the sun.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”