Using South Park Episodes has background music to life and work*

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

AlmostBlindGuy

Using South Park Episodes has background music to life and work*

Postby AlmostBlindGuy » Sat May 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi everyone!

First off I'd like to say I love South Park. I've watched every episode several times and even more frequently have used the episodes to keep me company when I'm either doing house chores or playing video games.

To the point:
I've recently started streaming, and I'm quite afraid of using other people's content in videos, but I was wondering if the South Park authors would allow me to keep South Park as a background to my gameplays. This could be another platform for talking about the show, and of corse I think it would be a great way of: getting people's attention by doing something different; getting people to talk to each other in the community I'm trying to grow; (and hopefully) turn even more people on to your content. However, I don't know if this is really doable, and if it is I'm afraid of doing it in such a way that would disrespect you (content creators and community) or be considered plagiarism/copyright infringement.

On to the questions:
Can we use South Park content in our own content?
If so, how should we do it? and how do we go about referencing you?

Thank you for the great show, I believe it has made me a better person, be it in creative thinking or critical thinking.
Hope nothing I've written here has offended you in any way, and if it did I appologize in advance.
English is not my first language so bare with me.
Feel free to move or remove this topic if it breaked any rules.
Thank you for your attention,
All feedback appreciated

Signed: A very unimportant streamer.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Using South Park Episodes has background music to life and work*

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 01, 2021 5:46 pm

Add something like this in the credits to your project: "South Park images, audio, and video copyright Comedy Central"

and

"South Park and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Comedy Partners." - You'll see this on every page on this site.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Q&A”