“He didn’t have any guts” episode

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Pippie22

“He didn’t have any guts” episode

Postby Pippie22 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:27 am

There was an episode I watched the other day, I believe it was the first season. I also believe they had a MALE substitute teacher. He made two lame jokes and the kids immediately hated him for this. ONE of the two jokes was, “why didn’t the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn’t have the guts!”
Any help is appreciated!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: “He didn’t have any guts” episode

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:01 am

Pippie22 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:27 am
There was an episode I watched the other day, I believe it was the first season. I also believe they had a MALE substitute teacher. He made two lame jokes and the kids immediately hated him for this. ONE of the two jokes was, “why didn’t the skeleton cross the road? Because he didn’t have the guts!”
Any help is appreciated!
Well, it was in the first season, but the guy wasn't a substitute teacher. This guy's joke were pretty lame though. You might expect this from a man who hosted America's Stupidest Home Videos. He was even introduced in the scene you're thinking about. The boys were going to watch that show at Stan's house with Grandpa:

Grampa: No, Billy. We're gonna watch the Bob Saget show.
Stan: Aaawww.
Kyle: [at the same time] Hunh?
Announcer: And now, back to America's Stupidest Home Videos. Here is you host, Bob Saget!
Bob Saget: Hey, I just flew into the studio. [flaps his right arm like he actually flew in] Boy are my arms tired. Heheh. Heh. [Grampa laughs, but no one in the studio audience is] Wha, Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? 'Cause he didn't have the guts. [only he and Grampa laugh] Knock knock. [the audience stays silent] Bob [---] Bob Saget [chuckles to himself. As if on cue, the audience breaks into laughter and some members fall over. Grampa falls over, too, and laughs his ass off for a minute or so]
Stan: This guy sucks! [the bell rings and he goes to answer it]
Kyle: Yeah. He's almost as bad as that guy on Full House.

The episode was "Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut" Season 1 Episode 13.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pippie22

Re: “He didn’t have any guts” episode

Postby Pippie22 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:26 pm

Awesome, thank you!

Return to “Q&A”