JermiloGamingHd

Excited for Streaming Wars?

Postby JermiloGamingHd » Sat May 28, 2022 11:38 pm

if any streaming service featured Muhammad, hell no
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Excited for Streaming Wars?

Postby Big-Will » Sun May 29, 2022 7:09 am

I'm looking forward to it. Muhammad controversies are 12 years old now, don't know why Viacom is still forbidding the eps from being streamed.

On the other hand, back then Matt and Trey only objected to Kyle being bleeped. They didn't object to "Muhammad" being bleeped or Muhammad wearing the CONSORED bar. We're pretty sure the joke was on Muslims (and on the viewers) who really did expect Muhammad to be depicted.

"The Streaming Wars" will have more to do with the current battle between the streaming services than with Muhammad.

Also, since "The Streaming Wars" is not being streamed here, I will not be making a thread for it. There are places online where you can discuss it, though.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 am

What's the deal with the streaming wars? What does that even mean? I'm guessing something to do with ParamountPlus, but what exactly?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:15 pm

JOSHSKORN wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 am
What's the deal with the streaming wars? What does that even mean? I'm guessing something to do with ParamountPlus, but what exactly?
The battle over streaming water rights. Climate change returns in the form of ManBearPig, who works for a certain water park owner to make money over water exchanges

Mikeydoes

Postby Mikeydoes » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:10 pm

I can't even get through this episode, although it isn't as bad as the pandemic specials. I am seriously about done giving South Park a chance. I don't see how people can keep watching this. Rehashed jokes, no originality. Is Trey left wing now? it was better when he was libertarian.

South Park has fallen off so bad, its extremely upsetting.

Any good satire now that South Park isn't Punk Rock/funny? It has been torture trying to get through South Park episodes. Last good episode I can actually recommend was the Trans men in women sports episode.

Paramount made a catastrophic mistake giving them this much money. People aren't going to continue to watch this.
South Park fan since it's inception.
JermiloGamingHd

Postby JermiloGamingHd » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:15 pm
JOSHSKORN wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:48 am
The battle over streaming water rights. Climate change returns in the form of ManBearPig, who works for a certain water park owner to make money over water exchanges

Wait? Pi Pi from 2009’s Pee Episode of South Park
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:42 pm

JermiloGamingHd wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:32 pm
Wait? Pi Pi from 2009’s Pee Episode of South Park
Correct. :-D

Densel64

Postby Densel64 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes but I wish they'd broadcast it on over-the-air tv not Paramount+.
Super Craig is gay

Postby Super Craig is gay » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:12 am

No
Randy Marsh again
farm again
I don't need it I want to see the boys at the bus stop again
I don't like tegredi farm :evil:
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Well I liked it. They wove together these two great story ideas about the streaming services and the growing problem of water rights in the western US. For someone who is fairly well educated on that subject, they absolutely killed it. They even bothered to draw an accurate map of Colorado's major watersheds there right at the top of the episode.

South Park itself has been bumped around on streaming services. It used to be on Hulu. Then it was HBOmax. Now they're also on Paramout+ but that's technically the same company. I'm just glad there are good people out there still recording this stuff and uploading it to torrent sites. ;) Some plot points do make me wonder if Matt & Trey have tried to make content for other, non Paramount owned streamers.

The ending with Pipi owning most of the water rights and planning on selling his pee-saturated waterpark water when the actual water runs out is a subtle allusion to how western cities are having to recycle treated wastewater (AKA "sewage") into an irrigation source and even back into potable water. There's no choice but to do it because they don't have enough water otherwise, considering the unsustainable growth these western states have been experiencing. California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico; they're running out of water. They can't afford to just dump all their waste water anymore.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Mikeydoes

Postby Mikeydoes » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:24 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I could barely get through it and only decided to just watch it yesterday.

Is there any show out there is like South Park used to be? In other words good satire.. not whatever this has been. Ever since the tranny episode and attacking China. When they were awesomeness.. now it's the exact opposite.

You all can have this crap.
South Park fan since it's inception.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:26 am

I'm so glad my brother got Paramount Plus. I saw all four movies so far and man, were they hilarious! Trey and Matt truly nailed it with all four! I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 am

Well part 2 wasn't quite as good as part 1. It got a little meta with Randy and the attempt to reset his character from the long Tegridy arc. Still got a good chuckle at Fatass having giant tits. The runner with all the crypto celebs chugging piss got a little old, but I did appreciate them taking shots at that sh*t. That whole industry is a f*cking scam.

Randy's big solution with the desalination plant; man I could not get over how he had it backward. You don't pump sea water up to the mountains and then desalinate. You desalinate at the coast and pump the fresh water up to the mountains! Because then you can just dump the salts back into the ocean. They've done the math, all you gotta do is send it off the continental shelf and that briny leftovers will have basically zero impact on the ocean. Not until humans have the capability of desalinating huge percentages of the ocean would it cause a problem. Moot point though as it's so energy intensive.

To quote Fatass re: Chuk-Chuk, "Da f*ck is that?" No one even addresses that Chuk Chuk has his dick out all the time? And if you look at him closely, that's clearly some sort of costume. Well, the head is at least. You can see his human mouth moving inside the open mouth of the head piece. Like he's some sort of deranged, MeToo mascot. :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”