Episode 503: Cripple Fight

Moderator: Big-Will

Benji_1988

Episode 503: Cripple Fight

Postby Benji_1988 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:02 am

In the scene where Timmy and Jimmy actually get into a hardcore fight, Cartman rushes into the church to announce that theres a cripple fight occuring. If you look on the left side of the church (Christian church, i might add) you can find Kyle's parents, whom we all know are Jewish.
Was there something I may have missed in this episode or are they really there just to fill up the church for the scene?
~*~ I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker ~*~
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:29 am

We assume Kyle was in Camp Jewbilee again. :) And the synagogue hadn't made its appearance yet.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JC86

Postby JC86 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:50 pm

See that's what I call a blooper, there's no logical explaination to that... :?: :?: :?:
OK Computer

Yarmulke

Postby OK Computer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:04 pm

Yeah, I thought I saw that too. All I could make out was Gerald, but I'll look again to see if Sheila is there too. I always wondered why someone would be wearing a yarmulke in a Catholic church, and I'm glad to find out my mind isn't just making things up.

By the way, I don't want to get the moderator pissed, but I understand that Kyle being in Jew Scouts is the reason he's not in this episode... but why would his parents appear in a Christian church? I think the real reason was that the animators didn't have the time or energy to draw another pair of characters for this already massively crowded episode, and so just stuck the Broflovskis in there.

Furthermore, I think Kyle's non-appearance in this episode was more of an experiment for Matt and Trey than an extension of the Jew Scout logic. They were toying with the idea of killing Kyle permanently (listen to the commentary track to ep. 514, "Kenny Dies"), and wanted to see how an episode would go without him. That's just a hunch, but with the twisted logic that permeates South Park and its characters (names change, Jimmy mysteriously appears in class, Timmy works for the Tooth Fairy mobsters, etc.), I doubt so much care would be taken to ensure that Kyle belongs to only one scouting organization.
You will respect my authoritah!

don't click this link...
OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(>

Postby OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(> » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Yea, I was about to post the same thing. I thought it was weird at first but then realized, they just didn't wanna come up with new characters but they should have had Stan's parents there instead of Kyle's.
You couldn't make me laugh even if I was already laughing my ass off and you were the one that made me do it.

Return to “Season 5”