S25E06: "Credigree Weed St. Patrick’s Day Special" Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S25E06: "Credigree Weed St. Patrick’s Day Special" Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:04 pm

Pre-Air Discussion

Credigree Weed St. Patrick’s Day Special

Butters is excited to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

You Look Very Festive
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
shadmaster

Re: S25E06: "Credigree Weed St. Patrick’s Day Special" Discussion

Postby shadmaster » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Blegh , more weed, this sucks
shadmaster

Postby shadmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:15 am

I was right! Terrible episode, one of the worst in the series.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:14 am

I'm genuinely amused by Butters being treated as sex offender for pinching someone. The most harmless pussy in South Park is treated as a monster and that is funny. The court appointed lawyer coming back in the room to slap Butters in the face one more time. :lol: When he's in jail praying to St. Patrick for any help, maybe even a leprechaun, and you already know that Randy's on his way to jail dressed as he was, it's like oh, boy here we go.

Way too big of a giggle from me over the name of the Irish Pub in South Park; "Farty O'Cools."

Couldn't help but notice Detective Harrison deliver his trademark "Freeeeeze" that was the runner in Butters' Bottom Bitch.

It got a little weird with Randy suddenly having magical St. Patrick's Day powers. And then again with the appearance of the actual St. Patrick. It honestly had me thinking everything after Randy smoked up in the jail cell was all in Randy's head and the end of the episode would be Randy going around the holding cell groping the other detainees as if he were St. Patty. Playing it straight and having St. Patrick's Day "cancelled" fell flat by comparison.

Leave it to America though, to take a celebration from somewhere else, turn it into a booze fest, then start fighting amongst themselves about it. St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, ... and I guess that's it. (So much for that idea.)

The reveal about Credigree mixing their weed with Tegridy, I thought they would turn that into some kind of metaphor for America; how it takes things from other places and combines them to make something that's more than the sum of its parts. Like the union of the two weeds was better than either by itself, just like a hokey ethnic celebration can become something more fun for everyone to enjoy; something like that. Oh well.

Overall, Butters' story was funny, Randy was more annoying than funny without a good payoff at the end. Really felt like a subject that Fatass would weigh in on.

You read it! You can't unread it!
shadmaster

Postby shadmaster » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:20 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:14 am
Really felt like a subject that Fatass would weigh in on.
Right???? These episodes feel so disjointed without the main 4. Doesn't feel like South Park.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”