Halloween and Christmas

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:25 am

Thanksgiving. I do remember the Days of the Dead though.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:29 pm

agent-FSS wrote:
Samathou wrote:October 31th was the only Halloween day, haha... ^^ Well, I guess there is still a bit of the atmosphere though.

Thank you for your wishes!


What holiday you will be celebrate next from the above Big-Will's list?

That list is chronological, btw.
Milo Vonnegut 3

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm celebrating Dia de los muertos, It's rather new to me and interesting.
To bad I'll never get to witness a Samhain human sacrifice. If only I was born during the first years of the Celtic race.

I'll never get the Silver Shamrock Song out of my head!
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Big-Will wrote:Thanksgiving. I do remember the Days of the Dead though.

My aunt breeds excellent turkeys, though Thanksgiving purely American holiday, so in my country we eat them on another occasion, however, I believe in the American embassy will celebrate it. You buy cooked turkey or already home will roast?
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:28 pm

BRMBug wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:
Samathou wrote:October 31th was the only Halloween day, haha... ^^ Well, I guess there is still a bit of the atmosphere though.

Thank you for your wishes!


What holiday you will be celebrate next from the above Big-Will's list?

That list is chronological, btw.

Not for me :) .
zzyzx 2
Posts: 936
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Big-Will wrote:Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Next up is a Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead, which begins on Halloween and continues until November 2, All Souls Day. . . . . . . .

After this we can continue with the holiday season. :)

Halloween
Days of the Dead
Thanksgiving
Advent (or the Christmas Shopping Season for the non-religious)
Christmas
Kwanzaa
New Year's Eve/Day
Epiphany
Candlemas (or Groundhog Day)


Don't forget Hannukah! Only 44 days left to Hannukah! ;)

Hanukkah 2014 begins in the evening of Tuesday, December 16 and ends in the evening of Wednesday, December 24. So this year, Hannukah and Christmas are very close together! (some years Hannukah comes and goes a month before Christmas, and some years they overlap).
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:15 pm

agent-FSS wrote:You buy cooked turkey or already home will roast?

Never cooked. We buy it frozen, thaw it out, and prepare it for the oven. If I don't have anyone to celebrate with, I'll go to an open restaurant and have a Thanksgiving dinner there.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:16 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Next up is a Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead, which begins on Halloween and continues until November 2, All Souls Day. . . . . . . .

After this we can continue with the holiday season. :)

Halloween
Days of the Dead
Thanksgiving
Advent (or the Christmas Shopping Season for the non-religious)
Christmas
Kwanzaa
New Year's Eve/Day
Epiphany
Candlemas (or Groundhog Day)


Don't forget Hannukah! Only 44 days left to Hannukah! ;)

Hanukkah 2014 begins in the evening of Tuesday, December 16 and ends in the evening of Wednesday, December 24. So this year, Hannukah and Christmas are very close together! (some years Hannukah comes and goes a month before Christmas, and some years they overlap).

For me are missing in list - Feb. 23 (Defenders of the Fatherland Day in Russia), Shrovetide, and the International Women's Day (March eight) in my country we always celebrate them. Truth is not a religious holidays, but I do not care :D .
Last edited by agent-FSS on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milo Vonnegut 3

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Turkey is disgusting!
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:Turkey is disgusting!

Why?
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

For us, Shrovetide, or Mardii Gras, is part of the Lenten Season before Easter, so not part of the Holiday Season.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Milo Vonnegut 3

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:32 pm

I just think turkey's gross. And chicken.
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Big-Will wrote:For us, Shrovetide, or Mardii Gras, is part of the Lenten Season before Easter, so not part of the Holiday Season.

Well, when it end begins Lent which lasts 40 days and ends on Easter. True Shrovetide seems not concern to religious holidays and for us.
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:I just think turkey's gross. And chicken.

Come on, it's delicious and tasty! Roasted eggplant, that's gross :? :mrgreen: .
zzyzx 2
Posts: 936
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:41 am

agent-FSS wrote:
Big-Will wrote:For us, Shrovetide, or Mardii Gras, is part of the Lenten Season before Easter, so not part of the Holiday Season.

Well, when it end begins Lent which lasts 40 days and ends on Easter. True Shrovetide seems not concern to religious holidays and for us.


If we're up to Easter, then don't forget about Passover :)
Passover 2015 begins in the evening of Friday, April 3 and ends in the evening of Saturday, April 11.

Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:Turkey is disgusting!

Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:I just think turkey's gross. And chicken.


I love both turkey and chicken :yum: <--- the "YUM" emoticon ;)

We make poached chicken that's so delicious that it falls of the bone when you pick up a drumstick :cartmanhappy:

I eat chicken all the time, and turkey too.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests