Huckabee is an assh*le

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Huckabee is an assh*le

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100414/ap_on_el_pr/us_huckabee_gay_marriage

Any other Republicans out there wanna facepalm with me? Or anyone, for that matter?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Niels0827

Re: Huckabee is an assh*le

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:25 am

I'm sure glad you think so.

It goes without saying from my mouth (or keyboard), but Mike Huckabee is one of the worst presidential candidates in the history of the United States.

And I say this for more reasons than just the fact that he thinks church and state should be integrated.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 am

What an unbelievable douche bag. I would really love to punch him right in his face. Who is this f*cker to judge anyone? Even the people he mentioned who are into incest, and drugs, and f*cking animals..For one, he has probably done 10 times worse in his private life, because you know the most self righteous assh*les are the people who do the most f*cked up sh*t..That is why they spend so much time pointing fingers and bitching about other people's morality. . So no one looks at them. If all the dumbasses who follow this douche bag really believe what their religion teaches them about judge not lest ye be judged, and about how the only true judge is their God, well then, they need to pull their heads out of their asses, and learn to stay out of the business of people they don't even know..Because from my understanding, it isn't their place to judge. Also, I don't know any people like this, I make a point to stay away from these type of religious people, because they might say things that will make me want to kick their asses. People like that don't know me, they probably mostly don't know any gay people either, and I bet most gays and lesbians don't want to get married in churches run by those kind of people anyway. It isn't their place to try to control the lives of people they don't even know. It is time for them to back the f*ck off, and if any republicans are embarrassed by those assh*les, then they should speak out against them.

He is right though, children are not puppies...I don't think super religious people like him should be allowed to adopt children or control adoption agencies to the extent they do. Infact, I wouldn't even trust them with a puppy .
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 am

Associated Press Story wrote:Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

And legalizing robbery, rape, murder, drunk driving, grand theft auto, setting someone on fire too.

Associated Press Story wrote:Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

OK, I'll go along with that: children are not puppies. They aren't kittens or hamsters either. A heterosexual couple who batter each other are much better candidates for adopting children. Or puppies, kittens, or hamsters.

Associated Press Story wrote:Huckabee visited The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., last Wednesday to speak to the Student Government Association. He also was interviewed by a campus news magazine, The Perspective, which published an article on Friday.
Huckabee told the interviewer that not every group's interests deserve to be accommodated, if their lifestyle is outside of what he called "the ideal."

Right. 100% of Americans subscribe to the theory that everyone strives to Huckabee's idea of what "the ideal" is. That's why we have no Democrats, Republicans, Green Party, or Libertarians in this country as we all believe in one philosophy - "the ideal."

Associated Press Story wrote:"That would be like saying, well there's there are a lot of people who like to use drugs so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs.

Go ahead and legalize drugs. And this relates to "the ideal" of who can adopt how?

Associated Press Story wrote: There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, should we accommodate them?" he said, according to a transcript of the interview.

All conclusionary statements because only a diatribe of some of society's belief are mentioned but no nexus of why these segments of society can't adopt children. Just rambling statements. Hucabee appears to like to talk and hear his own voice by rambling disjointed sentences.

Associated Press Story wrote:The 2008 presidential hopeful and former Arkansas governor also said that deciding which lifestyles should be accommodated and which ones should not creates a slippery slope.
"Why do you get to choose that two men are OK but one man and three women aren't OK?" he asked.

Who gets to choose? "Why do you get to choose . . ." Who grants this authority to chose? What's the matter with one man and three women anyway? What the h*ll is Hucabee trying to say except that he's a mental case?

Associated Press Story wrote:Huckabee added that his goal isn't to tell others how to live,

Oh really? That's exactly the point Huckabee is trying to make

Associated Press Story continues wrote: but that the burden of proving that a gay marriage can be successful rests with the activists in favor of changing the law.

And how about proving that a straight marriage can be successful. Does Huckabee even know the divorce rate in this country? Or of unmarried couples (of any sex) who adopt with great success in the upbringing of adopted children?

Associated Press Story wrote:"I don't have to prove that marriage is a man and a woman in a relationship for life," he said.

Yes you do, Huckabee.

Associated Press Story wrote: "They have to prove that two men can have an equally definable relationship called marriage, and somehow that that can mean the same thing."

What :?:

Associated Press Story wrote:Since the magazine published the interview, Huckabee's remarks have attracted considerable attention on the Web.

No kidding. And everywhere else, including talk radio. And this forum too.

Associated Press Story wrote:In a statement Tuesday, Huckabee said that while he believes what people do in their private lives is their business,

Bullsh*t; Huckabee believes the exact opposite.

Associated Press Story wrote: "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage."

Another Huckabee conclusion. "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage" because why, Huckabee. Because why :?:

Associated Press Story wrote: He also said he thought the college magazine was sensationalizing his "well-known and hardly unusual views of same-sex marriage."

Sensationalizing? The magazine was just doing what journalists do - report the news. And the news is Huckabee is a nut.

Associated Press Story wrote:In response to a 1992 questionnaire from The Associated Press, Huckabee, then a Senate candidate in Arkansas, spelled out his opposition to homosexuality, saying it was crucial that the country not "legitimize immorality." "I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle," he wrote, in response to a question about gays in the military.

OK, let's see what Huckabee just said. It is crucial that the country not legitimize immorality. More conclusions by Huckabee. Immorality defined by Huckabee is whatever that nut thinks immorality is. Huckabee does not define what Huckabee deems to be immoral other then blurt out groups whom he considers immoral with no further explanation.

Associated Press Story wrote:He also advocated isolating AIDS patients from the general public, saying it was necessary to confine "carriers of this plague."

How about in the leper colony in Kalaupapa, Hawaii, that isolated peninsula on the island of Molokai?

Associated Press Story wrote:As governor, Huckabee supported an Arkansas policy that prevented same-sex couples from serving as foster parents.

Oh I see, it's more than adoption. Not even helping kids as a foster parent is not allowed.

Associated Press Story wrote: On gay marriage, he said in an interview, "Marriage has historically never meant anything other than a man and a woman. It has never meant two men, two women, a man and his pet, or a man and a whole herd of pets."

Sources? Oh, I'm sorry. Huckabee is the master of conclusionary sentences. I'm too lazy to use a thesaurus, so I'll repeat myself: Huckabee must be one of those nuts.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Ugh. See, this is why I could never be a Republican.

Forget about Mike Huckabee, who is anyone to tell anyone else who they can marry or love? What happened to ideals about the government staying the hell out of people's lives and sticking to building schools and firehouses? You know, public government stuff. What a condescending assh*le.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out.

I can't be bothered to give an opinion here because you all know exactly how I feel. I've said it too many times.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:32 pm

More like Fuckabee, amirite? :timmy:

Seeing that he's the top Republican, I guess this means that Obama's going to get a second term. The American right wing has gone completely batshit, and no matter how many passionately insane teabaggers get behind this buttwipe, it won't be enough.
Peg

Postby Peg » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm

It's funny, all teabaggers are called Mike, huh?

On Topic: Please, Huckabee, go and hug a tree.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Huckabee's homophobia is just as stupid as his Presidential campaign pledge to abolish the IRS and replace income taxes with regressive sales taxes. What a slap in the face of the middle class that would be.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 am

Pip Tweek wrote:More like Fuckabee, amirite? :timmy:

Seeing that he's the top Republican, I guess this means that Obama's going to get a second term. The American right wing has gone completely batshit, and no matter how many passionately insane teabaggers get behind this buttwipe, it won't be enough.

Actually, Romney is ahead in most counts. Romney is pretty good, all things considered.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
jrichman42

Postby jrichman42 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 am

Huckabee should go f*** himself and all other conservatives who believe the government can help peolpe without taxes and think abortions should be illegal. Before you know it "the sky will fall" and we'll be riding around on carriages in post colonial America while Iran nukes us in the a**.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:02 am

You know, I thought this turbulence from last election would make the Libertarian party grow as the sane, Fiscal cons left the Social cons in the Republican party, but it's only gotten worse with the Tea Party....

f*ck, what amazing times (and stupidity) we are living in.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 am

Even I thought some of his comments go too far :? Comparing the idea of gay adoption to Children puppies??

I mean, I don't like Gay Marriage...sorry, but to basically say that accomidations are not necessary in our society is complete and utter bullsh*t. He is right that we cannot choose what people should believe in, and I guess that is what makes America so special, is the freedom of religion. Yes, marriage is between a man and woman, and it should not be changed, but he doesn't want to give these people any credit or compensation, and in today's world and society, I am at least willing to give civil unions a chance.

Woh, and putting the sick *AIDS* aside...Either this entire story is extremely slanted to the left or Huckabee has completely lost his mind :(

and Since this is an AP report...I'll go with the latter.

Gives me more reason to vote for Romney in 2012 :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:45 am

mo303564 wrote:Yes, marriage is between a man and woman, and it should not be changed.

See Mike, I don't get that, though. Marriage, civil union......it seems all people care about is the word itself.

If I were gay, I wouldn't get down on my knee and ask my boyfriend "Will you civil union me?"

Under this "marriage is a man and a woman" ideology, a gay guy can not marry another man who has been there for him through thick and thin for his whole life. But he is, however, permitted to marry the first slut he finds. All she has to sign next to the 'X'. That is all well and good in the eyes of the xenophobic religious conservatives.

First it was blacks, then immigrants, then women, then Muslims. I hate to tell it to you conservative folks (actually, I want to tell you), but gays are going to be allowed to get married in the very near future. It sickens me that the First.......The VERY FIRST AMENDMENT, can be disregarded for this long.

As it is today, open homosexuals make up a very small percentage of the population anyway. What does anyone have to lose by giving these living, breathing people their natural-born rights? You're not even going to notice anything. Does Iowa have 500,000 gay couples parading in the street? Hell, I've been to San Francisco more times in my life than I can count, and I've never even seen anything you people would consider offensive, and that says a LOT.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”