These forums are dead.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

These forums are dead.

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:07 am

With the rise of social media came the slow death of traditional message boards. Of the various South Park message boards that existed 20 years ago, only this one remains. Sweeet and Beef-Cake were absorbed by the South Park Forum (gotimmygo.com), and that forum lasted a few years, until Toyzz, I think, bought the domain name and killed it. Mr. Hat's Hell Hole turned its attention to wrestling and Lord Of The Rings, then succumbed to relentless spam ads. New boards came and went, but of them, only reddit remains. Then came Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and everyone is there these days. The two admins we had, Breayle and nall, have moved on, and no one has succeeded them. I myself feel like the librarian of an abandoned library, greeting the occasional member. Hell, I'm on Facebook a LOT more than I am on here. So, I'm going to stop by once in a while, but reddit, Facebook and Twitter are where the action is.

Later.
The South Park Scriptorium
The site itself is gone, but might return.

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Re: These forums are dead.

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:04 am

Yeah boy, I can neglect to comment after a new, hour-long installment for a month and I've barely missed anything. Those other platforms are all too instantaneous and don't fit my personality. Plus they are hell-holes of disinformation and human stupidity that hold little interest for me. It will be interesting to see how long before I come to the site and no longer see a "forum" tab on the top.

I guess we've seen the writing on the wall for some time. It's been nearly a decade since the SPS forum was any sort of hub of activity. It's mostly populated by those of us still clinging to some scrap of the mid-00's now.

Time marches on....

You read it! You can't unread it!
EC

Postby EC » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:49 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:04 am
Yeah boy, I can neglect to comment after a new, hour-long installment for a month and I've barely missed anything. Those other platforms are all too instantaneous and don't fit my personality. Plus they are hell-holes of disinformation and human stupidity that hold little interest for me. It will be interesting to see how long before I come to the site and no longer see a "forum" tab on the top.

I guess we've seen the writing on the wall for some time. It's been nearly a decade since the SPS forum was any sort of hub of activity. It's mostly populated by those of us still clinging to some scrap of the mid-00's now.

Time marches on....
With all that NFT and Washington dripping in Pussy Redskins money you’d think they’d update the UI to a more mobile/ HTML 5 ish format. Butt f*ck em I’m gonna hoddel! South Park may be stunning and brave but time matches on Reddit and Twitter for the South Park fans post and their freedom to post. Hashtag post COVID hashtag back to normal hashtag 2 live crew bannned in the USA
I forgive you, we were just a couple of kids
-Kelly Clarkson
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:55 am

This site is urging its members and followers to sign up for Discord.

themexican-paperpal777

Postby themexican-paperpal777 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 pm

yeah like almost nobody is even posting anymore lol :gaykenny:
EC

Postby EC » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:15 am

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:55 am
Why give away control to a sh*t company like discord, expect be super happy tracked butt f*cked by CHYYNUH. Across all your devices and platforms
What happened to Tegrity!
-Kelly Clarkson
EC

Postby EC » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:18 am

Big-Will wrote:
How are we even able to be South Park fans on Discord? Doesn’t that platform ban for using the same vernacular as a South Park fan?
Does the Discord Amin’s post a list of no no words or rules for being banned?
f*cking faggotry beyond Garrison and PC Principal
-Kelly Clarkson
EC

Postby EC » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:42 am

Big-Will wrote:
Why not use a measly few tens of thousands of dollars of the South Park f*ck you money to update this message board to have the same off the self features everyone’s gay for on Discord but without all the CCP butt fuckery and power hungry admins swinging a ban hammer like Twitter
At the end of the day social media sites are just message boards.
I will only join the discord if it’s not gay and y’all can prove it’s less censored than ep. 201
-Kelly Clarkson
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:01 pm

I'm a moderator on the Discord, which is a pleasure; yet still, in some ways, I miss it here more sometimes.

There is a definitive preference among younger people for instantaneous messaging as pointed out here. I think this plays into the popularity of blind reaction style videos, too.

I miss being able to take my time and write out a longer post.

But besides you first two posters even the forum mainstays are hardly around now. A friend of mine was considering posting here a couple weeks ago and the login page wasn't working for a couple days.
Official Wiki Moderator + Official Discord Moderator :)
A dumb little request for any animators browsing here.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:33 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Well, the last time I joined South Park's Discord page via an invite, I wasn't able to comment, and when I tried to comment, the website asked me for a phone number before I could comment, but that meant giving away my personal information! And I refuse to do that for the sake of privacy. :x
Still the same as it ever was.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:40 am

I think Discord falls under the umbrella of "too instantaneous" for me.
Ride or die on the old school forum, baby!

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:42 am

angeldeb82 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:33 pm
Big-Will wrote:
Well, the last time I joined South Park's Discord page via an invite, I wasn't able to comment, and when I tried to comment, the website asked me for a phone number before I could comment, but that meant giving away my personal information! And I refuse to do that for the sake of privacy. :x
Discord works well on my phone. The only thing I've seen it do with my phone number was send me notifications. As I signed on to the program's Discord channel, SP notifications are the only things I get from there. Discord crashed on my PC over corrupted files, so I took it off my PC.

EC

Postby EC » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:02 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:40 am
I think Discord falls under the umbrella of "too instantaneous" for me.
Ride or die on the old school forum, baby!
I’m a rider too! I’m looking into Discord but don’t know if I can suck that commie sick just yet.
TEGRITY!!!!
-Kelly Clarkson
EC

Postby EC » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:47 am

Yup Discord’s gay stupid and homosexual.
I’ll post a cheat soon,
And you can by pass the gay ass f*cking Ch-Eye-Nuh is assh*le email & phone number verifying.
f*ck those noodle sucking bat eating pangolin f*cking COVID makers.
-Kelly Clarkson
shadmaster

Postby shadmaster » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:14 am

EC you're really annoying lmao , the discord is perfect for you

Joking aside, discord isn't fun for me, I don't like it, too many young toxic kids and annoying ones there, it's unfortunate what the sp fanbase has become
I'll stick to using this forum for the time being , until the inevitable axing of it :(

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”