Player Issue

Think you've seen a bug on the site? Post it here and we'll do our damndest to squash it!
Ryokox37

Player Issue

Postby Ryokox37 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm trying to play season 24 episode 1 (The Pandemic Special) and when I go to play it I get the following error "service unavailable". I'm not running an adblocker or using a VPN. Running chrome and it looks like it wants to play but something doesn't load right. I've tried other episodes and they play fine, I've used firefox and Edge and I get the same error. In the upper left it says "your content will resume in 10... 9... etc" and after 3 tries then it sits on a reload in the player. When clicked it does nothing. I've nuked out my cookies for the past week just to see if that would do anything and it didn't help. I had a friend load the episode and he has no issues, so I think there might be something up on my end. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Player Issue

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Shut down the browser and start it up again. That should clear things up.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
topkek59

Postby topkek59 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Try disabling Adblock, that worked for me
Ryokox37

Postby Ryokox37 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Ad block is disabled and the site is actually whitelisted for ads.

As for closing out the browser that didn't work. I've also tried using different browsers like FireFox and Edge and I get the same error. I've also nuked out my cookies and whatnot in Chrome for a week, which was before I came here to see the new episode.

Return to “Site Bugs”