You ready to tame some strange bro?
Check out these killer behind-the-scenes pics and details from last season’s “Taming Strange” — and for the FULL DOSE of exclusive production art and details from Matt and Trey… check out the “Taming Strange” WIKI page here!
- Prior to production, the writers toyed with the idea of making Ike look bigger, like a pubescent teenager.
- The “whooping crane” image in the header (of Kyle with a shlong on his head) was actually based off on an original sketch by Trey.
- Check out the storyboard from this infamous football scene…
- This is a Corel used during production, while designing Foofa’s special outfit and “twerking” poses.
- Matt did the voice of this bro’d out version of Ike. Ike’s voice is normally done by a staff member’s kid.
- Sinéad O’Connor reached out to Miley Cyrus in response to Cyrus’ Rolling Stone cover story, hence why she’s parodied in this episode.
- Mr. Mackey and Tom Brady are both shown “Bradying” during this episode.
- Lionel Richie’s hit single “All Night Long” plays in the beginning of the episode, when Mr. Mackey is using Intellilink. His music pops up several times in this episode.
- Mackey’s counseling lesson on the toilet required a special pose. It was worth it.
- Why “Yo Gabba Gabba”? All the male writers now have kids. Their kids love “Yo Gabba Gabba”, so they’re forced to watch it all the time.
- The character that sits with the Canadian Puberty Film Host is known at South Park as “Fancy Fwiend”. He’s a huge favorite in the Writer’s Room.
>> For FULL LOOK behind-the-scenes, visit the “Taming Strange” WIKI PAGE! It’s got ALL the pics and details from Matt and Trey…