Last Modified: March 14, 2017 (see Summary of Most Significant Changes on the last page to learn more)
The Site is owned, operated and/or provided in cooperation or connection within cooperation or connection with Comedy Central one of the VII Brands, by Viacom International Inc. (Viacom International Inc., along with its Affiliates, shall be referred to collectively as “VII”) through its Viacom Media Networks division, which offers television channel or programming services (such as television networks, websites, applications or other interactive services) and offers other products and services under various brands, such as those Viacom Media Networks brands and other VII brands listed here. (each, a “VII Brand”). This Site together with the associated VII television channel or programming service, if any, shall be referred to collectively as the “Channel”. “Affiliates” refers to Viacom International Inc.’s parent company Viacom Inc. and all corporate affiliates that Viacom Inc. directly or indirectly owns or controls (such as Paramount Pictures Corporation and the other corporate affiliates of Viacom Media Networks as described in the link here.
This Agreement covers the following areas:
- Eligibility; Additional Terms; Binding Agreement.
- Modifications to this Agreement.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property.
- Rules of Conduct.
- Text Messaging Marketing and Promotions.
- Closed Captioning of Internet Protocol- Delivered Video Programming.
- Contest, Sweepstakes, Voting Rules, Auctions and Other Promotions.
- Certain Products or Services..
- Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites.
- Deactivation/Termination of Your Registration or Use.
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability.
- Ads and Malware.
- Resolution of Disputes; Binding Arbitration; No Class or Representative Actions or Arbitrations.
- Governing Law, Arbitration Location, Jurisdiction, Venue and Jury Trial Waiver.
- Miscellaneous Terms.
- Site Minimum Age") to use this Site and this Site is designed and targeted to audiences residing in, and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of, the United States of America, its territories and possessions ("U.S."), but certain features on this Site may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. For example, if this Site requires you to be at least 14 years of age, please be aware that certain areas on the Site may contain content for which you must be at least 17 years of age to access and view even if this Site's age eligibility requirements are less than 17 years of age. If you are not yet the Site Minimum Age or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least the Site Minimum Age or other required greater age for certain features meet any other eligibility and residency requirements of the Site and agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The words "use" or "using" in this Agreement means any time an individual (a "user"), directly or indirectly, with or without the aid of a machine or device, does or attempts to access, interact with use, display, view, print or copy from the Site, transmit, receive or exchange data or communicate with the Site, or in any way utilizes, benefits, takes advantage of or interacts with any function, service or feature of the Site, for any purpose whatsoever. This Agreement does not cover your rights or responsibilities with respect to third party content or sites or any links that may direct your browser or your connection to third party sites or pages. This is the entire and exclusive Agreement between you and us regarding use of the Site and it cannot be modified, except as specifically described below in Section 3. This Agreement applies regardless of whether you are accessing the Site via a personal computer, a mobile device or any other technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered (each, a "Device").
We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur. If you believe that the Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please follow the procedures set forth in our Copyright Compliance Policy
- Advertisers"), such as our advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners, as a result of your use of the Site. All such communication, interaction and participation is strictly and solely between you and such Advertisers and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, we shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertiser or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any Advertiser).
- is or is likely to be libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else;
- discusses us or the Channel in a clearly false or misleading manner, is unrelated to our products or services, or includes personal information of individuals or trade secrets;
- discourages or is likely to discourage any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
- sends or results in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called "spamming" and "phishing";
- uses the Site for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, marketing or offering goods or services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with any other website or web pages;
- transmits, distributes or uploads programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- forges any TCP/IP packet header or part of the header information in any email, newsgroup posting or other posting for any reason;
- violates any laws, rules or regulations (including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from the United States), judicial or governmental order or any treaties, or violates or infringes upon any copyright or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other rights of ours or of any other person, firm or enterprise;
- gains or enables unauthorized access to the Site or any of its features or functions, other users' accounts, names, passwords, personally identifiable information or other computers, websites or pages, connected or linked to the Site;
- modifies, disrupts, impairs, alters or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Site or the use and enjoyment of the Site by any other person, firm or enterprise;
- collects, obtains, compiles, gathers, transmits, reproduces, deletes, revises, views or displays any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, firm or enterprise, in connection with their or your use of the Site, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person, firm or enterprise to do so;
- except with our prior permission, uses manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Site; or
Intentionally left blank
- click here.
- Communities") and may provide you with the opportunity, through such Communities or otherwise, to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, messages, content, media, materials or other information (collectively, “Posts” or “Postings”). If this Site provides a User Content Submission Agreement, such terms govern any User Content (as defined therein) which are also Postings under this Agreement and such User Content Submission Agreement are Additional Terms under this Agreement.
- Promotions"). Each Promotion may have Additional Terms, such as the rules governing any voting relating to a Promotion (the “Voting Rules”) (Voting Rules are available by clicking here) and other rules relating to the Promotion, which will be posted or otherwise made available to you and, for purposes of each Promotion, are Additional Terms and will be deemed incorporated into and form a part of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between the Voting Rules available by link in this Section and the Voting Rules specific to the Promotion, the Voting Rules specific to the Promotion shall govern with respect to the specific Promotion.
Please note that we cannot be responsible for the effects of any third party software including Malware on your Device. Please make sure to carefully read the Help or Customer Support areas of any software download site. If you do discover any Malware on your Device, we also suggest you speak with a qualified technician for your Device. If, after taking the above actions, you are still experiencing any problems, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Section 19 is governed both procedurally and substantively by the FAA, this Agreement and your use of the Site is otherwise governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to that state’s conflict of laws rules). You or VII shall initiate arbitration in the United States county or territory in which you reside or, if you do not reside in the United States or one of its territories, in the non-United States country in which you reside; provided, however, that (a) VII may request to transfer the arbitration to New York County, New York if it agrees to pay any additional fees or costs you incur as a result of the change in location as such additional fees or costs are determined by the arbitrator and to the maximum extent permitted by law and, upon such request, (b)(i) if you agree to such request, the arbitration shall be transferred to New York County, New York or (ii) if you do not agree to such request, VII shall have right to request that the arbitrator determine the location in which the arbitration shall be held. You and VII agree that any Claim that is allowed to proceed in court as set forth in Section 19.1 of this Agreement (including, but not limited to, as a result of your submission of a valid Arbitration/Class Action Waiver Opt-Out Notice), or otherwise proceeds in court in the event the agreement to arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or a particular Claim as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, is subject to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the State or Federal Courts situated in the Borough of Manhattan, New York City, State of New York. To the extent it may be applicable, you and VII agree to opt out from and expressly exclude any applicability of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. If any Claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, YOU AND VII WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.